I'm definitely going to try to blog more. I still have not bought a new camera, so there won't be any YouTube videos for now.
What I'd like to do on my blog is start my Project Pan updates. For those of you who don't know, Project Pan is basically shopping your own stash of makeup, skincare, hair care, etc. that you've accumulated to try to use up the products. There is usually a "no-buy" component to it as well. I'm going to try to do a low buy, because I think a no buy would be too hard on me. On makeup items, it could also be a goal to "hit pan" on the item, meaning that you've used so much of the product that you can see the pan the product sits in.
I've decided to do my Project Pan in seasons, meaning quarterly. Since it's already mid-September, my first Project Pan will start now and end in December, being the "autumn" season. Most of my project panning will be done on makeup and skincare items. I don't really have a whole lot of hair products since I only use one thing at a time. I'm also going to incorporate a fragrance, since I've gone and accumulated a bunch that I hardly ever use. Again, the goal of this whole thing is to really use some of my products up.
For my Autumn Project Pan, I've selected the following items:
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Primer
- NARS Soft Matte Concealer
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer
- Bare Minerals Limited Edition Holiday Mineral Veil from 2016 (I know...)
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lipstick
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes 2
- Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro
- Urban Decay Lip Liner in Naked 2
- Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in Brown
- Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette
- Elizabeth & James White rollerball perfume
- By Terry Rose de Baum lip balm pot
- Bioderma Crealine Micellar Water (500 mL)
- Bioderma Hydrabio Toner
- Bioderma Hydrabio Legere lotion
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
- Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen (deluxe sample - 30 mL)
- Charlotte Tilbury eye makeup remover (deluxe sample)
I selected these because, frankly, a lot of them are close to being finished and I can't wait to see the finish line. That's why, for example, I included two concealers. The NARS Soft Matte concealer is almost done. I imagine I would have two weeks of use left in it, if that.
Here are some house rules I've set up for myself:
- Once I finish an item, I can either replace it with something else within the same category or use whatever I want until the next panning season.
- I have to use these products at least 3 days out of the week because, let's face it, sometimes you just need to mix things up.
- Every season, I will have at least 10 makeup items, including one foundation and one fragrance, and at least 5 skincare items.
- I know I'm not going to finish the Urban Decay Naked Palette within 3 months, but the goal is to try to make as many "dents" as possible and hopefully hit pan on at least one shade.
- I'm allotted two makeup items to purchase each month with my own money. If I get a gift card or something, then I can use it without limit (just sayin' with the holidays and my birthday coming up!)
- I'll do monthly check-ins on progress and at the end of the panning season, I can either carry items over to the next season or find new things to pan.
Alright! I'm excited... I feel like I've accumulated such a hoard that everything is kind of going to waste and I'm not using things up like I should. I'll post my "before" pictures later on this week as I get started. I've also created a new panning Instagram account at clearlyclaire_projectpans. Please follow it as I'll also be posting some progress shots there!